Plotting and Planning

 

 


GOOD MORNING, EVERYONE!!! HELLO, CHERYL!!! 

Is it me or has it been a milder summer in San Diego than usual? Last night, I was watching a video about the real estate market weakening due to so many businesses closing which  causes a blight on the commercial real estate market.  Over the last two years, Big Lots, Walmart, Family Dollar and the 99 Cents stores have closed and those buildings become blighted very quickly because the property is being kept up. The only business, in my area of San Diego, that has closed within the last six month is the Walgreens.  The property is boarded up and there is a rather large metal fence to keep the homeless from building a camp there.

However, in some cases, I do blame the property owners for the predicament because they kept raising the rent like in the case of Walmart.  The property management company would rather have the property sit empty and no income than to sign another lease.  The Walmart Neighborhood Store on Imperial Ave. was in a dilapidated area but I loved going to that store because between 9 am - 2 pm, it was uber easy for me to run to that store in 10 minutes, I go I-15 to the I-5, I was literally driving in  circle depending upon traffic.  There was lots of ways of getting to that store but the property managers felt that they'd get better offers because they are close to the water, Petco Park, East Village, Gas Lamp neighborhoods that bring way more money.  They thought wrong...the building is just another unoccupied building in that neighborhood.
 
Anyways, there will not be a coupon insert inside the Sunday newspapers. It’s Saturday …enjoy your day! On Sundays, I take the day off from blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aldi: Bananas $0.39/lb

  A reader, Growly, let us know that Aldi has their bananas for $0.39/lb. Thanks, Growly!

Popular Posts