How To Add A Mastercard Gift Card Balance To An Amazon Account Tutorial 2026

 



This is for a reader who was asking for an assist for adding her MasterCard gift card balance to her Amazon account.  Each year, Amazon changes the process to stay ahead of the hackers. 

I highly recommend that you watch this 2 minute video in the Brave Browser to avoid the ads.

Below is step-by-step from AI.

You can easily transfer your Mastercard gift card funds to your Amazon account by purchasing an "Amazon Reload" with the card. This converts the card into usable Amazon credit. [123]
  1. Check the Balance: Find the exact balance on your Mastercard gift card by calling the phone number or visiting the website listed on the back of the card. [1]
  2. Go to Amazon Reload: Navigate to the Amazon Reload Balance page on a web browser or through the Amazon mobile app. [123]
  3. Enter the Amount: In the "Amount" field, type the exact remaining balance of your Mastercard gift card. [12]
  4. Click Buy Now: Tap Buy Now to proceed to the checkout screen. [12]
  5. Add the Card: On the payment page, select to add a new credit or debit card. Enter the Mastercard gift card's 16-digit number, expiration date, and CVV code. For the name on the card, use whatever is printed on the front (e.g., "A Gift for You"). [1234]
  6. Assign an Address: Use your standard residential address for the billing address. [1]
  7. Complete the Transaction: Select the Mastercard gift card as your payment method and click Place Your Order to transfer the funds to your Amazon account.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post...however I have tried reloading balance as well as trying to buy an Amazon gift card using a SB debit Mastercard. For some reason, neither way working for me now...( no problem in the past). I have heard Amazon is clamping down on redeeming debit cards earned from some rebate apps.... just didn't know if that was accurate. I guess I may have to call Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw this on Reddit.. it appears problem may be the billing address that the problem:

      "MasterCard has decided to lock down the billing address on prepaid cards so that it cannot be changed by the card holder. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but...

      Current security best practices for many online purchasing sites require a valid billing address and phone number for card payments. And your personal address doesn't match the one for MasterCard prepaid cards.

      So I was stuck pretty much where you are, with the gift cards I received for Christmas. And then I had a wild idea.

      I tried inputting the mailing address of MasterCard's world headquarters as the billing address, and the number for that building's main phone switchboard - both available via Google - to see what would happen, and tried making a purchase.

      And. It. WORKED!

      Here's the address and phone number:

      MasterCard has decided to lock down the billing address on prepaid cards so that it cannot be changed by the card holder. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but...

      Current security best practices for many online purchasing sites require a valid billing address and phone number for card payments. And your personal address doesn't match the one for MasterCard prepaid cards.

      So I was stuck pretty much where you are, with the gift cards I received for Christmas. And then I had a wild idea.

      I tried inputting the mailing address of MasterCard's world headquarters as the billing address, and the number for that building's main phone switchboard - both available via Google - to see what would happen, and tried making a purchase.

      And. It. WORKED!

      Here's the address and phone number:

      MasterCard has decided to lock down the billing address on prepaid cards so that it cannot be changed by the card holder. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but...
      Current security best practices for many online purchasing sites require a valid billing address and phone number for card payments. And your personal address doesn't match the one for MasterCard prepaid cards.
      So I was stuck pretty much where you are, with the gift cards I received for Christmas. And then I had a wild idea.
      I tried inputting the mailing address of MasterCard's world headquarters as the billing address, and the number for that building's main phone switchboard - both available via Google - to see what would happen, and tried making a purchase.
      And. It. WORKED!
      Here's the address and phone number:
      MasterCard

      2000 Purchase Street

      Purchase, NY 10577

      (914) 249-2000

      Delete
    2. Here's the thread link: https://www.reddit.com/r/CreditCards/comments/1pzyv6l/so_many_issues_with_mastercard_gift_card_any/

      Delete

FDA just issued a massive recall on 19 million eggs🥚

FDA just issued a massive recall on 19 million eggs for potential salmonella contamination. Midwest Poultry Services is recalling 1,589,577 ...