Smart & Final and the Bar Code Scam

 


On Saturday,  my son and I walked into Smart & Final for the $1.99 bottled water 24 pk. We got two for my home and two for his place and we walked to the register.  The cashier let us know that we had to activate the digital coupon and I let her know that I had indeed clipped the $1.99 digital coupon.  She then let me know that I could not use my phone number and I needed to show my account bar code.

In my head, I was thinking "Smart & Final really want people to pay full price instead of using their digital coupons."  I then got my phone out and showed her the app bar code for her to scan.  The thing is what if the WIFI isn't working?

Each week, Smart & Final people are busy sending me emails about using coupons but they don't explicitly say that you must show your account bar code to get the coupons to work.

I could have sworn, at one time, we was using our phone number at Smart & Final or am I imagining that?

2 comments:

  1. I took a screenshot of my bar code from the app and just showed them that every time I went to Smart & Final.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too bad that we can't save the bar code to the Apple Wallet but I screenshot the bar code and saved it to Apple Notes.

      Delete

Aldi: Bananas $0.39/lb

  A reader, Growly, let us know that Aldi has their bananas for $0.39/lb. Thanks, Growly!

Popular Posts