The Stores & Manufacturers are doing too much!🤯

 



So, last month, on July 15th, I posted about the FREE+MM Kit Kat Ice Cream Cones at Walgreens except the ice cream cones were $5.99 in California instead $5.79 but it was still a  money maker for us.

Yesterday evening, I went to Walgreens expecting to pay $5.99 (it's still tagged in store for $5.79) but the cones rang up for $6.59 which means that in a matter of 5 weeks, Walgreens and/or the manufacturer raised the price of the cones by $0.60.

I am ever so grateful that I know about using Walgreens Cash to lower my out of my pocket and rebates to lower my cost to just $0.09 for both boxes of the Kit Kat Ice Cream Cones.

The inflation is out of control.

No wonder all these people, young and old, are on social media about to have nervous breakdowns due to inflation. I was in total shock that the cones rang up for $6.59! I can afford to pay the $0.09 so I didn't have to tell the cashier to cancel my transaction.

Most grocery sales are cyclical meaning that they occur in cycles. In years past, we would be seeing pasta sauce, in August, at a discounted price on the grocery store shelves along with a coupon. We'd sometimes get the pasta sauce for free or $0.49 per jar and we'd stock up.  We'd need to figure out how much pasta sauce did we need in our stockpile between September to December and I'd say we need about 8 jars of pasta sauce.  If I am counting until April, I'd need 16 jars of pasta sauce.  

In general, I don't cook a lot of pasta dishes during the warmer months but I suspect that since we haven't really seen any impressive pasta sauce deals at the grocery stores, this month, I am doing a mini stock up on the Ragu pasta sauce for $1.26 at Vons.

When we see great prices on our food staples just stockpile as much as you can afford to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Walmart: FREE Chomps Meat Snacks

$2.29 Chomps Meat Snacks, see offer details, Ibotta, Valid only at Walmart The Chomps are $2.28 at Walmart.

Popular Posts