Safeway has been busy while we were asleep

 


One of my readers mentioned that he'd been getting $2 zip code advantage from Oakland vice the $1 zip that we've been using.  I haven't gone through the Northern California zip codes, in quite awhile, so as I am digging through some of the zip codes, I see that there are new stores acquired by Safeway - Pak n Save Foods originated in New Zealand and I could find no information of Safeway or Albertsons acquiring the store but Pak n Save Foods dot come is set up exactly like Vons, Albertsons, etc.

The other store Andronico's was an old Bay Area competitor of Safeway and when Andronico's went bankrupt, Safeway (Albertsons) purchased them.

If you have never been to San Francisco/Bay Area, especially if you live in California, you are missing out on a treat.  The Bay Area is a completely different vibe than any other city in California.  Just my opinion, San Francisco has more of a large city/East Coast feel to it.

Anyways, I think my reader is much like me in that we get an incredible offer each week with no rhyme nor reason, he gets the $2 zips and I get the FREE $4 ECB. I think we are both along for the ride and I think we are going to keep riding it until the wheels fall off.

The federal government does not want Kroger to buy Albertsons/Safeway.  The Bay Area has almost a Safeway on every corner and are not wanting to go to a Kroger store to do their weekly shopping.

We shall see if Safeway/Albertsons is buying any more stores in the future.

3 comments:

  1. I'm still getting just the $1 ones from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here and I appreciate getting the $1's.

      Delete
  2. I will assume John meant 'Oakland' when he said OAK...but I tried several (as I'm sure you did!) Von's store zips from Oakland without any luck, meaning the $1.00 coupons weren't in my digitals to download. So all that's working for me are the Nor Cal zips from Safeway (I've used Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, etc). I'd almost forgotten the 'good old days' when we got $2.00 (x4!) off.

    ReplyDelete

Vons/Albertsons: McCormick's Grillmate Garlic & Herb Seasoning Only $0.75

  In my kitchen, the McCormick's Grill Mate Garlic & Herb Seasoning is a staple because we eat a lot chicken but I also use the seas...

Popular Posts