What do you know about Slick Deals?


Denise had left a comment "Where do you look on Slick Deals for couponing?" in regards to my Ralphs/Kroger: FREE+MM Quaker Oatmeal Cookies & Cream AND Chocolate Flavors post
 and I assume that every Couponer knows about Slick Deals as 99% of the bloggers, YouTubers and Instagramers knows about Slick Deals.  Slick Deals has been an open secret for years.

I began my savings journey right after the Financial Crisis of 2007-2008 it was a very scary time and I knew then that I needed to get my act together and stop living paycheck to paycheck which meant that I needed to pay off all my debts. I was one of those people that would put stuff on my credit card and then wait until the last moment to make the minimum payment.

I started off my couponing journey by looking at the weekly ads every Sunday morning and I'd circle the things that I wanted to get like "Oh, CVS has the cheap Bertolli Olive Oil for $1.99."  "Walgreens has the Coffee-Mate Coffee Creamer $.99"

I did save some money using that money saving method but using that method was going to take me a life time to pay off my bills so I went online and google "saving money" and Fat Wallet caught my eye and they had forums about deals and some how eventually adventured over to Slick Deals, another deals.  Back in those days, there were lots of blogs and forums.

When I first joined Slick Deals, it was super fast pace and people were super nasty and they'd take off your head if you asked a simple question...you had to have really thick skin. Most people were just lurkers for a long time until they understood the lingo and the ends and outs of CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Kroger, Safeway, etc.

If you are really into couponing but you love great deals, then you should bookmark, Slick Deals Live because they show deals 24/7/365 and you can read the Latest Post, the Latest Thread and the Latest Rating (thumbs up or down on deals). Slick Deals Live is a live feed showing post and responses about deals on television, gun ammo, tennis shoes, cookware, computers and accessories, cameras, phones, software to dental floss.  If you are at the dentist office or anywhere waiting to be seen, you might as well pull Slick Deals Live.

There is Popular Deals which I think normally have ratings (thumbs up) of 5 or higher. When you see a thumbs up in the hundred...pay attention to that thread! 

There is the popular Drugstore/Grocery Forum and the threads are broken out by individual stores.  This used to be a super popular forum until Slick Deals was bought out by Goldman Sachs on Jun 14, 2018.  Slick Deals will no longer let us mention or infer the word "Ibotta" because they consider Ibotta to be a competitor.  Also, people on Instagram and Facebook are much faster at sharing deals because people are clout chasing and wanting to show off with picture the great deal that they got at Walmart or wherever and Slick Deals isn't set up for people to share their couponing finds with pictures.

Go get you a Slick Deals account and check out the latest deals.

6 comments:

  1. I have been using Slickdeals for the (kinda now defunct) My Coke Rewards, Kellogg's Family Rewards, and just the general giveaway section.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really, really miss My Coke Rewards that had to have been one of the best loyalty programs. #RIPMyCokeRewards🤣 I loved the original Kellogg's Family Rewards when they would let us print 2 coupons for like 80 points. The MCR & KFR threads were the best threads ever.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free Stuff Finder and her team, I am most certain that they gets a lot of their finds from Slick Deals. Slick Deals has been around since 1999.

      Delete

Walmart: Keebler Stripes

 Sometimes, I have to reverse engineer the numbers to figure out a deal even though it's written in plain English as romysaves on Instag...

Popular Posts