This is why People can't live on $20 per Hour


Just owning a car - the car payment, maintenance, gas, registration and insurance is now more expensive than renting an apartment.  It's cheaper to take the city bus than to own a car.  I don't know how people are able to afford a $750 or $1,400 car payment.  If you go on TikTok or YouTube, put in the word "repo" and you'll see all the outrageous things that people are doing to stop from getting their vehicle repossessed.

I haven't had a car payment in 20 years and that's because I learned as I was paying off that car to put all my bonuses, extra income and tax refunds towards paying that car off 2 years early.

I also learned that once I did pay off that car to continue putting the car payment money into a saving account every month until I was ready to buy another car and when I was ready to buy another car...I paid cash.

You can have whatever it is that you want but you must be willing to sacrifice and make it your priority.  You can have a Chanel bag, a trip to Bali, a montessori school for your child, a house in the country but you have to decide what it is that you really want and you channel your resources into your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is why People can't live on $20 per Hour

View this post on Instagram A post shared by Freddie Smith (@fmsmith319) Just owning a car - the car payment, mainten...

Popular Posts