What has happened to the Trash Bags deals?

 


When I was in the trenches of doing drugstore couponing every Sunday, it was easy for me to use my store rewards to roll into buying trash bags which is a necessity in every household.  I want to say that CVS has Hefty Trash Bag deals like Buy $30 get $10 Extra Bucks like twice year, Walgreens had their generic Nice! Trash Bags deals 3/$15 B2G1 Free about once a month and Rite Aid used to do their store brand trash bag deals about every other month.  

The drugstores are complaining that they've lost customers due to inflation and job losses instead of turning the finger at themselves.  CVS, Rite Aid and Walgreens has each eliminated their paper weekly ad without thinking that they'd reap any negative ramifications for their action.

Sure each drugstore has saved a ton of money by emailing us a link to their digital ad each week but most people delete the email, therefore, people only go to the drugstore when they truly need something!  Remember that the drugstore weekly ad was in the Sunday newspapers or delivered to your mailbox for you to look at your leisure.  

I can remember when I'd get the ads, I'd take them to my office and during my break or lunch or whatever, I would gingerly review the ads and I circle what I saw as good deals.  For example, remember when Walgreens would have the Swansons canned broth on sale for 2/$1, the Coffee Mate Liquid Creamer for $1.99, the Oscar Meyer Bacon for $1.99, etc.  The drugstores used to have the best place for food staples on sale for dirt cheap prices.

Remember when we could get the olive oil at CVS on the low?  We used to be able to get cheap eats at Rite Aid.  You didn't have to be an extreme couponer to get a good deal at the drugstore as long as you used your loyalty card.

They used to have these cyclical sales that you could depend upon that kept you on budget and the about 5 years ago, the drugstores slowly decreased the deals like the trash bags until there wasn't any great deals.  The only deals left at the drugstore is on the oral care.

The drugstores tried their best to get us to order online and either do an in store pickup or home delivery but again, the drugstores still couldn't wrap their arms around the concept that we still wanted to see a weekly ad.

So, yes, I did activate the Free Hefty Trash Bag offer on my Points Rewards Plus account! Whenever, I have an opportunity to add trash bags to my stockpile, I do so because you never know when it will come around again!

I wanted to add that you can only request two rewards per week from your Points Rewards Plus account (Thanks, LS!).


4 comments:

  1. I am wondering if the $3 and $5 from the seafood can be combined together for a purchase for the Kroger Rewards points? Is there still a limit to 2 prizes per week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LS, I am pretty sure that they will stack. I want to say 2022 I had two $3 (this is when they refreshed the offers more often) both came off but it maybe different, this year. Yes, limit 2 prizes per week...and I'll add that caveat to the post.

      Delete
  2. Just buy Costco Kirkland Signature . Best quality for the money for a decade even at regular price.

    ReplyDelete

Walmart: FREE Chomps Meat Snacks

$2.29 Chomps Meat Snacks, see offer details, Ibotta, Valid only at Walmart The Chomps are $2.28 at Walmart.

Popular Posts