Why do I doubt myself?

 



While I was out and about, I received a frantic call from Mr. Man asking where was the aluminum foil because he wanted a frozen pizza for lunch but I could not for the life of me remember where I had stashed the aluminum foil. When I'd say "Check the cabinet over the frig." he'd say no, it's not there and every spot I told him to check it wasn't there and finally, he said "Please, stop by the grocery store and pick up the aluminum foil.

I swallowed my pride and I bought the Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil 75 sqft for like $4.48.  Of course, when I got home I gave him the Reynolds Wrap and I went looking for the Great Value aluminum foil 225 sqft that I got at Walmart for $2.50 on clearance (pictured above).

I did finally figured out where I put the aluminum foil but I was a little disappointed in myself because I had only bought 3 boxes of the Great Value foil and I knew that it was absolutely a steal of a price.  At the time, I was with my son and I didn't want to hear my son say, "Mom, you are doing too much, you don't need all that." and that's how I ended up with only 3 boxes. If I'd been by myself shopping, I would have taken all of the clearance aluminum foil because it hard to find cheap foil.

If you are a Couponer from way back then you remember when we used to be able to grab cheap seasonal Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil after the Christmas holidays, Easter, 4th of July, etc at Target.  Those days are long gone because of the high inflation, etc., the employees leave that cheap stuff in the back until the clearance hits 90% off and then they buy and take home to their families.  We used to do this when I was a young college student working at Marshall's.

I want to say that the Great Value aluminum foil came in a box of 8 or 12 and the quick math in my head was like "It's going to cost you like $30 for the foil."  At least, I did get three of them.

Every time, I walk into Walmart, I always check the clearance areas. The majority of the time, there isn't much to "write home about" but every once in awhile...you will find some jewels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aldi: Bananas $0.39/lb

  A reader, Growly, let us know that Aldi has their bananas for $0.39/lb. Thanks, Growly!

Popular Posts