Why are a Dozen Eggs $5 at Vons?

 


I sent Mr. Man to Vons to get a dozen eggs and I finally got around to looking at the receipt and I nearly fell over at the $4.99 price! He said that they were the cheapest price, I looked online and sure enough, the most inexpensive eggs were $4.99.


He picked up the Oscar Mayer bacon on sale for $4.99 but what was most shocking is that the REGULAR price of the bacon is $11.99. 

I went online to walmart.com to see their price for a dozen eggs and honestly, their prices aren't much better.  It's as if the grocery stores are in collusion to keep food prices artificially high.

These next three months, we are in for a bumpy ride.  I keep telling you all to grab the Ragu Pasta Sauce at Vons because I don't think we are not going to get super cheap pasta sauce like we got in the past.


3 comments:

  1. During COVID it was especially difficult to find eggs at a reasonable price. Some weeks Wifey and I didn’t even bother.

    But, using my occasionally resourceful brain, I did find a few things which helped:

    1) Don’t forget Trader Joe’s. Many times their price was the best.

    2) Check sites like Ibotta for cashback on eggs.

    3) (And sneakiest of all! 😜) Use one of your CVS % discount offers on the Nellie eggs!!! I frequently reserved a 30% email or text just for eggs. They weren’t priced cheaply ($5.99, as I recall) but paying in the 3’s made it a lot less painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RUN deal at CVS.
    First: Crest and Oral B are buy 2 get $4EB. Clip the $2/1 crest and $2/1 Oral B, pay $4 get $4EB

    RUN DEAL: Select Nexxus products are buy 2 get $10EBs. There is also a DQ of $10/2 and there is $5IB but there is a clock which is why this is Run.
    I bough the Amino variety shampoo for $18.99 plus the small size Therappe for $5.99 which worked for the deal. Total was $24.98 and $10DQ came off making it $14.98 and I got back $10EBs plus $5IB
    Luxury shampoo for free is rare and stock is low so RUUUUN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fetch has several new offers in their September reset.

    One thing you should know is that many of these require purchasing TWO items. For example, get 3000 Fetch on Knorr BUT you need to buy one cup AND one side. Another offer requires Cheerios AND a Yoplait.

    As if it wasn’t already confusing enough!

    ReplyDelete

👀 Kroger Ad 📰 EARLY Preview 9/18-9/24

  Kroger Krazy has posted the early preview of the Kroger Weekly ad for   9/18-9/24   The Buy 3 or more, Save $2 each Kroger Mega Sale will ...

Popular Posts