State of California Unclaimed Property

 


Yesterday, late afternoon, my brother texts me a link to the State of California Unclaimed Property and he says, "The state owes you $786 for unclaimed property."

I enter my first and last name and city and the state owes me $1,585.88!!!


I looked at my various addresses and some of the money owed to me is from Sacramento and I even had money from Rite Aid and I assume that is from way back when Rite Aid had the Single Check Rebates! I had a couple hundred dollars from stocks that had been paid out to me and this is from way back when I worked at Progressive Insurance Company. Progressive gave us stock as part of our benefits package.

You do have to show proof of you are to get the money (copy of your DL and a utility bill) and get the form notarized. You can usually find a notary at your bank/financial institution, The UPS Store or FEDEX store.

Of course, the state of California says that it could take them up to 180 days to process your money!🤣

2 comments:

  1. This is legit. I recovered $750 a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, it's totally legit. I am shocked how companies just send the money to the state and be done with you!

      Delete

Alexa will soon be winding down

  This is a reminder that Alexa will begin winding down on July 10th and you'll be able to continue redeeming offers until October 10, 2...

Popular Posts