99 Cent is considering Bankruptcy in April😳😩

 


A reader, Roddy, says the following:

More bad news: according to Bloomberg, the 99 Cents Only chain may file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy this month, and is also weighing a potential liquidation.

First of all, thanks to Roddy for giving us a heads up.  

My God, this is terrible news because so many people literally depend on the 99 Cent store to keep their family afloat.  I know that when I was in financial straits and I had more month than money, I shopped at the 99 Cent Store and Grocery Outlet this was way before I found out before couponing. I was literally part of the working poor that made too much money to qualify for food stamps.

My heart aches for those that are loosing a life line store that is essential to their survival.  Again, whenever you can pick up food for FREE that your family won't use, please donate it to the food pantry.

Thanks, Roddy!


6 comments:

  1. This is sad indeed....I rather like their produce selection and the Jerseymaid cottage cheese. Their prices have definitely gone up since 2020....in fact, they went up 30%, from $0.99 to $1.29, which is significant. Not certain what caused their problems...will have to read up on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My middle brother told me that they had closed the 99 Cent Store in Carmichael in October, I was astonished. When I read up on the 99 Cent Store, I didn't know that last year they were one for from the grave and they had gotten a reprieve.

      Delete
  2. It's now official. Liquidation sales start on Friday, 4/5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're not wasting any time. This was my go-to place for either Fresh Express spring mix or bags of salad. I think the COVID shutdowns did a number on them, and then naturally the supply chain problems, which seem to continue to this day. So sad....I've gotten some great stuff there over the years, especially when they used to get liquidation items and then sell them for $0.99!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is going to be tough on a lot of people.

      Delete

Ralphs/Kroger: All Free Clear Unscented Dryer Sheets 80ct Only $0.99 ea

  Ralphs has the All Free Clear Unscented Dryer Sheets 80ct on Mega Sale for $2.99 and after the $4 off 2 printable coupon, you'll get ...

Popular Posts