Some Consumer Prices are Coming Down

 


One of my most favorite deals in October was when we picked up the England's Best Eggs for $0.75 each!!!  

I was bending my son's ears about the $0.75 eggs and he turned to me asked, "Mom, do you remember how eggs cost in 1960?"  Of course, I calmly said to Kevin "How would I know,I wasn't born in 1960."  My son was trying to be funny and letting me know that he's tired of hearing about the eggs!

I had to google the price of eggs in 1960 and according to The Daily Meal, eggs were $0.57/dozen.

I then remembered that things like eggs, wheat, milk, poultry and beef are all subsidized by the federal government and I believe that our government began subsidizing milk and eggs, etc. was because of the 1930's Depression and wanting to keep our food prices low.

Unfortunately, with middle men and grocery stores wanting bigger and bigger profits especially during the COVID pandemic lockdowns, food prices and other commodities skyrocketed in price.

Plus, there has been other catastrophes like the Avian Flu crisis, Mad Cow outbreak, the Russia/Ukraine war impacting oil prices and the increase in interest rates to slow down our economy to help bring down the prices of...you've guessed it....eggs, wheat, milk, poultry and beef and the price of gas.

Gas prices have been extremely high for months and thought that people were going to have to start walking or taking public transit to work.

These companies like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube have been beating down employees that want to continue to work from home but it is very clear that most employees hate office culture and the commute to and from work.

Will consumer prices continue to decrease?  We shall see because it seems that everyday we are experiencing some sort of new catastrophe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aldi: Bananas $0.39/lb

  A reader, Growly, let us know that Aldi has their bananas for $0.39/lb. Thanks, Growly!

Popular Posts