Zip Code Advantage Theory on Slick Deals🧐



Kalanchoe on Slick Deals posted her theory regarding Zip Code Advantage mystery:

Seems a bit more complicated than that. I think they are now making the sister region of your home region show the same PPs as your home region. So for example, if your home region is Norcal, the Socal PPs will now be the same and therefore not include the $1 Qs. If your home region is somewhere else, non-home sister regions will still behave like they used to. For example, if you try Seattle and Portland stores, I'm sure the $1 Qs will show for both (but of course won't work in California - though they'll work for someone in Seattle or Portland).

This is very different from past times when we'd lose the $1 Qs for a couple weeks. Not sure if glitch or intentional this time.

I thought that it was a viable theory...until I went to the Safeway app and my SoCal Personalized Deals do not show up in (NorCal) Safeway app but the zip code advantage is still showing for me.

HOWEVER, what's more interesting is that when I signed into safeway.com on my computer, I no longer see the zip code advantage coupons and my Personalized Deals show up on safeway.com.

I hope that I am wrong but I think that the gravy train is over for the zip code advantage for us.  We won't know until next week.

2 comments:

  1. What is sad is that many regions still are getting $1 Q .(and did get the zip advantage from other regions). Only once or twice have I ever received the $1 Q's in my area (orange county/socal). We have had to load them from Northern CA stores and in the past Vons Las Vegas.
    I just wish that Albertsons/Vons would start adding these Q's to the SoCal J4U shopping accounts so we can have that advantage too!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In NorCal, there is a more competition (Winco, Raleys, Belair, Safeway and those IGA Stores) for your grocery dollars, whereas, in SoCal, the only competition is Ralphs and that why Safeway offers them more incentives. My God, they get a FREE item every darn Wednesday...what the heck! They know they are not in competition with Sprouts, Trader Joe, Aldi or Whole Foods bc those are more like speciality stores.

      Delete

Aldi: Bananas $0.39/lb

  A reader, Growly, let us know that Aldi has their bananas for $0.39/lb. Thanks, Growly!

Popular Posts