Bed, Bath & Beyond Files for Bankruptcy

Once Bed, Bath & Beyond stopped offering those 20% off coupons, their days were numbered because when a company sells ordinary items, such as, towels and sheets, a company has to figure out a way to bring people into the store to spend your money. Loyalty Programs do bring people into the store but as far as I know they never had program...no promotion, no nothing to encourage to come into their stores except for those 20% coupons.

They are saying that there will be avalanche of  bankruptcy announcements coming.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ms B...Yep, I read the same thing. First Linens & Things (long time ago) and now BBB. I loved going in those stores and browsing but rarely purchased anything...too pricy. I heard Tupperware is next :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not heard about Tupperware filing. I loved Linens & Things, too, but as you said...it was too pricey and I never bought anything in there. RIP Tupperware.

      Delete
  2. Also, David's Bridal announced chapter 11 bankruptcy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not heard about David's Bridal. RIP David's Bridal.

      "David's Bridal had $4.4 million in cash and at least $257 million in debts, according to bankruptcy court documents filed Monday."

      Delete
  3. The BB&B over here in Burbank was one of the early ones closed down. The markdowns weren't even that great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in February, BB&B had already announced closures of 3 stores in SD county but the Mission Valley store is still open bc I pass it all the time since it's around the corner from Target!๐Ÿ˜ฌ A lot people are going to be out of work, I hope that they are being very frugal.

      Delete

Vons/Albertsons: Nabisco Snack Crackers Only $0.14 each!!!

A reader, Gavin, says the following: There is a bonus wyb 3 different Nabisco crackers on Ibotta. I bought 1 Wheat Thins, 1 Good Thins, 2 Tr...

Popular Posts