My nephew made it through the 6.4 earthquake in Humboldt


 

Yesterday, there was a 6.4 earthquake in Humboldt county, California, which is about 6 hour drive north of Sacramento, it's near the coast, just below the Oregon stateline. My nephew, Marcus, went to Humboldt State College and he graduated about 5 years ago and his girlfriend, is from Humboldt county but she now lives in Sacramento with my nephew. However, they are in Humboldt visiting her mom for Christmas.

Of course, they felt the  earthquake and they were jostled around, they had no electricity or water and of course, last night was really cold, windy and rainy.

We had no contact with them most of yesterday (really until late last night) so we were all on pins and needles. We were kind of debating "Should we go to Sacramento?" My brother was debating about driving up to Humboldt county. 

Marcus and his girlfriend and her family are doing well. 

Our whole family is tired and I think my brother is sick of me with my questions!🤣

"David, you don't have her family's address or phone number?"

We made it through...thankfully!

2 comments:

  1. Glad your nephew and his girlfriend are ok. 6.4 is scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still remember the San Francisco earthquake during the baseball play off. San Francisco was a whole mess, we went there about a month after the earthquake. I also remember the Northridge earthquake...and I was living NorCal during both earthquakes.

      Delete

A few Vons/Albertsons Deals

  A reader, NJ, says the following: Vons/Albertsons - Finish RInse Aid (part of buy 4 items)- $3.99- J4U Mfg IP $2 Q= $1.99. Ibotta $2 so ...

Popular Posts