Plotting and Planning


Wow, we are now in the month of November and Thanksgiving and Christmas is right a round the corner, as well as, we will be rolling into Daylight Savings Time.

 Ibotta has been glitching like crazy, at least for me. It's like every time, I scan my receipt, it chooses some obscure and higher value item to credit me. The only place I went yesterday was to Vons and I got the Angel Soft for $5, the $1 DQ came off on my receipt and their software randomly chose some $2.50 item to credit me but it wouldn't let select the actual $1 offer. I'll take the offer.


I was thinking about the MrsEmptyNester video where she was talking about making a quick & easy dump cake for the upcoming Thanksgiving weekend on the cheap with the $1.49 Pillsbury cake mix and the $1.79 Dole canned fruit for $3.28. We are living in hard inflationary times and last year, the box of cake mix would have been $0.69 and the canned fruit would have $0.79 but we've got to face the reality that we have to make hard sacrifices to save money. In years past, I would not even flinch to spend $10, $15, $20, $25 on a fancy dessert for the holidays but now, corporations are all about their profits and squeezing the ordinary consumers...and I am not about that life of keeping up with appearances.  

Watch this quick three minute dump cake video! (Use unsalted butter)

I felt so blessed to be able to pay off my co-pay from my emergency hospital stay without making payment arrangements. One of the nurses was telling me that people literally try to sneak out of ICU because they know that they cannot afford to be in the hospital. Sick people are literally are running out of hospitals in the gowns.

If you want to live a debt free and still enjoy life, you must sacrifice and save.

We are pretty frugal. 

We make our coffee at home, we try to replicate fine dinning experiences at home, as best we can so that we are not paying those inflationary pricing of dining out. My God, for my birthday back in February, we spent $100 on dining out...I hated that for us because we could have gotten a lot of good meals at home for $100.


When looking at the Vons/Albertsons "Personalized Deals" before you clip make sure to at the offer Details because when I looked, I saw that my Personal Deal price was for $3.30 but the actual price of the item was for $2.99 so if I'd activated the deal, I may have ended up paying more.

Regardless, how tired you are, how stressed you are, how it's not worth making a big deal you are, if something does not ring up correctly, I will hold up a line of 120 people at self checkout to get the situation corrected. All the self checkout attendants know me because I am super friendly "How are you today?" type of person but if my coupon doesn't work or something don't ring up right, the attendants (at least in my area) have no problem adjusting the price. Again, I live in a high density populated area and these folks are busy so they don't have time to be going back and forth because another customer is calling them because they can't figure out how to ring up their beer at self checkout or the lady that is literally walking by self checkout with 20 packages beef that she is stealing.

I remember once I bought some sodas for an Ibotta deal at Ralphs and I forgot to activate the coupon and it rang up at some insane price and flagged one of my favorite attendants and I was like "I don't know what happened but this sodas didn't ring up for the sales price." She went in an priced modified every soda without looking to see if I had activated the offer. I realized when I got home that I didn't activate the offer.

If for some rare reason, I get push back, I simply ask that they cancel my transaction because I can't afford to pay the full price.

There will be a Kid's 360, Smart Source and Save coupon inserts in the newspapers or depending upon where you live, it may be delivered to your mailbox or out in your drive way or lawn.

If you didn’t stop by CVS, this week, then go to your CVS account and print or send to card your CVS coupons.

On Monday, I have my appointment with my primary physician and we shall see, if the doctor will continue me on the Prednisone regimen because that's what is really zapping me of all energy. Anyone that has been on Prednisone knows exactly what I mean and I'm on 50mg so it's heavy duty. I am also having headaches and I assume that it's from the meds they have given me to take.

It’s Saturday …enjoy your day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

A few Vons/Albertsons Deals

  A reader, NJ, says the following: Vons/Albertsons - Finish RInse Aid (part of buy 4 items)- $3.99- J4U Mfg IP $2 Q= $1.99. Ibotta $2 so ...

Popular Posts