Turning Points into Gift Cards

 


It you are taking advantage of the rebate apps and the Money Makers, you should be moving your points into gift cards. I know that there are some of you out there that want to hold onto your points and wait until you've accumulated $500 so you can go Christmas shopping or help pay for a quinceañera or grandma and grandpa's 50th wedding anniversary party.


However, how capitalism works is that if a rebate app goes bankrupt, you will most likely loose your points and this is the reason why rolling your points into gift cards and by gift cards, it includes PayPal, Visa, AMEX,  etc.

I used to roll my points into PayPal BUT then the federal government wanted us to report the income as taxes on PayPal deposits and so I now only request PayPal for my Ibotta and CO51 accounts.  Don't freak out if this is the first time hearing this but just remember that you are getting reimbursed for money you spent.

As you see by the first picture that I have $214.46 in gift cards on my Target account, $210.88 on my Amazon account and I also have $30 in gift cards on my Walmart account!  About a month ago, I bought two new very nice bed pillows for our bedroom using the Target gift card.

The rebate apps are not a bank and there's not a regulatory entity that regulates them...which means that you do not hold points or money and let it accumulate. At least, once a month, you should be requesting to redeem your points for gift cards.

Use all of the tools in your toolbox - Extra Bucks, Register Rewards, Walgreens Cash, Bonus Cash, Grocery Rewards, Ralphs Cash Back and the rebate apps to get ahead and stay ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aldi: Bananas $0.39/lb

  A reader, Growly, let us know that Aldi has their bananas for $0.39/lb. Thanks, Growly!

Popular Posts